Re: Europa-List: Painting various metal rods

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Painting various metal rods
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:53:22

Fred,

DON'T DO THE STABILATOR TORQUE TUBE!!!!!! Your stabilators would never fit
onto it later. It is a very snug fit at various points when mounted.

As for the aluminum parts being powder coated......you might check with your
coater to see what temp he runs his batch at as this might have a negative
effect on the strength of the parts. I have heard this from some of the more
knowledgeable people on this forum. I dipped coated mine with zinc chromate and

then spray painted most of them.

One bit of heads up.....find the two sides of the stabilator trim assy, look
forward in the manual to see how these have a spring load with fiber washer
slides along the arc.....don't paint that area because it won't slide very well

afterwards. Been there, done that, used lots of scrotch bright to remove.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Just about to put the top on but still finding little things to do before
that.