AW: Europa-List: Wing tanks

Subject: AW: Europa-List: Wing tanks
From: Rosen Mattias <MRosen@harmanbecker.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:49:33
    FILETIME=[D7905D40:01C4BAA1]

Duncan,

Thanks for these inpiring words. Ever since the day I first heard about the
DynAro
4S (four-seater Ban-Bi) I have been tempted to trading my Europa kit for an
MCR 4S. The big problem was that I really wanted Europa's detachable wings,
and I didn't really need a "real" four seater, but rather a 2+2 (back seats
being
something like what you will find in a seven-seater VW Touran or Opel Zafira).
If the Europa can be converted to a 2+2 seater, it is really the perfect
plane for me :-)

I think it would be wise to have at least a small fuel tank in the fuselage, and
then adding a way of transferring fuel from the wing tanks to the fuselage tank
as needed. That way you could go for a short flight without having to fill
up the wings, and - for the cross country flights - it would give you time to
find a place to land, should fuel delivery from the wing tanks become disrupted
(I don't like the idea of relying on a quick-connect device for critical fuel
delivery).

I am almost convinced that it can be done now, and I am going to investigate
this
issue further.

/Mattias