Europa-List: g-oizi not flying

Subject: Europa-List: g-oizi not flying
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:35:38

The sharper observers of the "flying aircraft" page on the Europa
Club website may notice that there are now _less_ aircraft identified
as having flown than there were last week. This is because G-OIZI,
the aircraft purportedly shown flying in the TV series "A plane is
born", has had its registration cancelled by the CAA because "No
Permit to Fly issued". I guess that goes to show that you shouldn't
believe everything you see on the telly! Certainly the aircraft shown
in flight had no visible markings, which always struck me as very
odd. Perhaps Neville or someone involved with the making of the
programme might care to let us know more about the true state or fate
of G-OIZI. Did it get a Permit to Test but never a full Permit? Or
did it never (yet) get completed to be ready for flight?

regards

Rowland