Europa-List: Trimming Cranked Sticks

Subject: Europa-List: Trimming Cranked Sticks
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:09:37

Gidday,
I am fitting up my control boots and sticks, and notice that the length
appears really long, so I am wondering if others have cut them down at
all?? The base of my stick sits about an inch above my knee, so my entire
hand is up in the air, even when sitting on 2 cushions totalling about 2-3"
of padding. All help appreciated.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Currently working on  Rudder Pedals,
In  but tight so more work to go on them.
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig,
Tail Torque Tube installed with temporary timber dowels.
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/TonyR
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Garmin 296 Colour GPS beneath an electronic Artificial
Horizon, one that I can trust for short periods IMC, to get out of a sticky
situation