Re: Europa-List: Trutrak Flight Systems - Servo Positioning

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trutrak Flight Systems - Servo Positioning
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:34:37

Surprised to hear that there would be space to do that.

I mounted mine in the 'tunnel' on the back of the ply hardpoint provided for
the fuel valve on the Classic (the XS doesn't have this) with linkage to a
horn bolted to the aft end of the aileron torque tube (the one that runs
under the seat). I have drawings (that wouldn't scan very well, having been
reduced in size to comply with PFA's required submission format). Could send
if you really insist.

I don't like the underseat method because of the difficulty in achieving a
robust retrofitted connection of the control horn to the aileron torque
tube.

Duncan Mcf.