Europa-List: Re:

Subject: Europa-List: Re:
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:37:13

Oops. Mistake. It's 64".
65" is allowed on the tri-gear, I understand. Although the taildragger has
loads more ground-prop clearance than the tri.

The smaller diameter prop should in theory be better for ultimate speed.
However, a bigger diameter prop provides better climb, which being the case
then enables more of a trade-off on coarsening the pitch without loss of
climb performance, which then helps with top end speed.

Duncan McF.