Europa-List: RE:

Subject: Europa-List: RE:
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:12:53

Hi Tim

For your info the standard prop diameters for the Classic and XS are 62 inch and
64 inch respectively. The XS installation places the engine 1inch higher so
the ground clearance should be the same for both. The larger diameter should be
slightly more efficient as it reduces the blade angle nearer to the optimum
for the same power setting. I use a 64inch prop with my Classic on the basis
that
if you get within 1inch of prop strike it is very likely that the aircraft
will continue pitching until the prop touches the ground anyway.
With warpdrive blades (Airmaster & NSI props) untapered blades are usually
specified
with the 912S and 914 whereas tapered blades are better matched to the lower
power 912.

Regards

Nigel Charles