Re: Europa-List: ARALDITE 420 exp date

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ARALDITE 420 exp date
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:21:30

Fred:

For the most part that is true.  To allay your fears make a sample lap
shear test coupon.  Lay up some fiberglass in a thickness that you are
planning on using the actual adhesive on.  Make 2 layups at least an inch
wide and make a lap joint.  Pull it to destruction.  If the fiberglass
breaks before the joint you can find a degree of satisfaction  that the
adhesive is good.

Steve Hagar
A143 Mesa AZ

<fklein@orcasonline.com>