Europa-List: ddmmyy

Subject: Europa-List: ddmmyy
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:26:11

Pretty much the whole world uses date format D/M/Y, except the US.

Right. It was used by the British and Canadian forces defending Canada a
couple of hundred years ago or so - and is the standard system. When the
MM/DD/YY started I don't know, but I do know it's been established by US
banks because of monthly interest at that time, and it's being flogged daily
in Canada to the point where the givvermink (including the traditional
forces) had to change  to YY-MM-DD.
911 is an emergency telephone number in many places, not a date. The proper
date is 1109. How about 11SEP01or even 11SE01? Shorter, clearer, easier.
Ferg