RE: Europa-List: Maplins Cheap 200g/0.1g Scales

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Maplins Cheap 200g/0.1g Scales
From: percyville <percyville@percyville.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:37:07

Thanks John that seems extremely sensible, I'm intending to test this
with several new 2pence pieces as advised in an earlier post.

Apologies for my spelling mistake I meant Maplins and not in the
Hi-de-Hi sense! fingers were typing faster than my slow brain can cope
with...

I shall also be employing method of covering the scales with a sheet of
cling film to protect it from spillages that I learned from Svien
Johnsen.

Cheers

Paul.

<mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>

> Too late for me as I bought a set of My Weigh 500g/0.1g scales several
> weeks ago. Seeking to obtain a calibration weight.

You will not, of course, need a calibration weight if the only
application is to
build your a/c.  All that matters is the linearity, i.e. that a reading
of, say,
100g really is 4 times as much as a reading of 25g.  This can be checked
readily
with a bag of objects of the same weight (such as AN nuts).

[I checked this on my scale and the linearity was spot-on.  I also
checked the
readings with another scale of the same type, all the way up the scale,
and they
were all but identical.]

John Cliff