Re: Europa-List: Marlins Cheap 200g/0.1g Scales

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Marlins Cheap 200g/0.1g Scales
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:27:28

> Too late for me as I bought a set of My Weigh 500g/0.1g scales several
> weeks ago. Seeking to obtain a calibration weight.

You will not, of course, need a calibration weight if the only application is to
build your a/c.  All that matters is the linearity, i.e. that a reading of, say,
100g really is 4 times as much as a reading of 25g.  This can be checked readily
with a bag of objects of the same weight (such as AN nuts).

[I checked this on my scale and the linearity was spot-on.  I also checked the
readings with another scale of the same type, all the way up the scale, and they
were all but identical.]

John Cliff