Re: Europa-List: gear retraction - mono

Subject: Re: Europa-List: gear retraction - mono
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:57:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Gamble" <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Subject: Europa-List: gear retraction - mono

| Some time ago there was much discussion about the monowheel over
retracting and contacting the brake master cylinder and the slave cylinder
contacting the tunnel sidewall.
| I find that this will indeed be the case with mine unless I do something
about it. There is also contact between the top of the caliper and the stb
rudder cable.
| What did you chaps finally do about it or, better still, how do you think
I should attack this problem to best effect?
| Thanks
| Mike Gamble
| XS 440 mono

Mike,
        I have a classic with XS cockpit so have had same sort of problem.
My solution to brake caliper was to route (That's 'root') the starboard
rudder cable about 1/2" outboard (through the wall) in a 1/4" nylon tube
that is epoxied into position. It intrudes the cockpit living space but not
where there's much living going on.
       Ferg A064