Re: Europa-List: ANR Heasdsets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ANR Heasdsets
From: MICHAEL PARKIN <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:59:48

I don't think that is correct.  The radio squelch sets the threshold for the
signal to noise ratio of the incoming radio signal. It has nothing to do
with mic circuit on the receiving aircraft.  In practice, listening to a
distant weather broadcast for example:  With the squelch on, it maybe that
nothing can be heard.  However, adjusting the squelch, may well allow the
signal to be heard among the rest of the noise.  On many modern systems, the
squelch is either on(level set automatically) or off.

regards,

MP  (GJULZ)