Re: Europa-List: Recombinant Gas batteries

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Recombinant Gas batteries
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:27:10

Gilles Thesee wrote:
> I do not concur : the recombinant gas technology has been developed
for the
> computer uninterruptible power supplies, and is largely spread.

One article I have cites the first RG battery patent obtained by
Thomas Edison in 1912.  Commercial development began in the 1960's,
and commercial production in the early 70's.  Sort of like the myth of
Teflon emerging from U.S. space programs; actually, it was
accidentally discovered by Dupont in 1938, and the first commercial
products date back to 1946.  :-)

Reg,
Fred F.