Europa-List: Spar tip socket installation opinions please

Subject: Europa-List: Spar tip socket installation opinions please
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:22:28

Hello Gents:
I'm requesting opinions on installation procedure of the starboard spar  tip
sockets <Ch14> which is located on the port spar.

<First let me say that I purchased the quick build cockpit module. The socket
for the port wing and bush behind the passenger seat is already installed.
Only thing left for me to do in Ch 14 it to install the starboard tip socket and

the bush behind the pilot seat.>

Per the manual I set the module on it's front and attempted to test fit the
wings with supports on each end.  I spent the better part of the morning on
this!

Question 1:
 After about 3 hours of work, it occurred to me that, since I only need
install the starboard socket I could simply bolt the spars together and achieve
the
proper alignment without wrestling with the module and wing supports.
This proceeder sound OK to you folks?

Question 2:
Will it still be necessary to install both wings into the cockpit module when
it comes time to put the bushing the seat back.  I'm thinking that if my
alignment is OK with the 2 spars then it should line up just fine.

****
On a side note I noticed that the factory did not install the bush
reinforcement pads on the seat back < page 14-3> before gluing the port socket
tip on...
 Anyone know if this procedure has been eliminated from the most recent
updates?

Thanks in advance!

Brian S
A276 Tri Gear. Texas