Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings--HELP!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings--HELP!
From: ACJARVIS1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:06:52

I certainly can't help but will just record my own tale of woe re glider
wings. I  bought a 'motor glider kit' and took delivery in Jan 2004 . I paid in
full but opted to have the wings delivered 'a bit later on' when I could find
space for them....well you can work out the rest..no wings full stop. Caveat
emptor.  Next time use a credit card, never mind the interest.

However I would like to keep the glider wing story alive ....Dave Anderson
has shown that the motor glider really does live up to its design claims.  The
Europa may be getting old but the stretched version has only just hatched!

I wonder-
a) how many sets of long wings  are 'out there'?
b)  how many people would be interested in buying the long wings assuming
some sort of production is resumed by someone?
c) what are my chances of finding any decent wings long or short?

PS Jeremy Davey tells me the costs of fulfilling the PFA tests are maybe no
more than
=A310 000 which shared between a dozen or so owners would be well worth
paying...

Andrew Jarvis 599. fuselage and no wings!