Europa-List: Monowheel Up stop?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel Up stop?
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:54:47

What is favored way to install gear upstop?

I saw somewhere 2  blocks that go between the swing arm and the lower actuation
arm,
but that puts a sharp edge of the actuation arm on the tufnal blocks. Also if
you
put
the full weight of the aircraft on the stops, I am wondering if the pin that
goes
through the swing arm and holds the lower actuation plate can take the extra
loads
that will be upon it?

I am thinking in the event gear retracts on landing, the up stop should support
the
weight of the aircraft?

Is there any other preferred ways of adding an up stop?

Thx.

Ron Parigoris