Re: Europa-List: Brake lines - Parking brake valve

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Brake lines - Parking brake valve
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:21:24

Rocketman wrote:

> What is the recommended brake line, for use on a trigear?

I used 1/4" 3003 aluminum tubing.  The reason is finding anecdotes on
kitplane discussion boards about how plastic lines can be problematic.
One is heat generated in the brake ass'y, causing them to soften and
withdraw from the fitting with high braking pressure.  May not be the
case with what Europa supplies, but too few trigears out there and the
consequences of asymmetric pressure at the wrong time on landing
roll-out caused me not to use something which would never be approved
on FAA type-certificated aircraft.  I don't insure planes for hull
coverage, by avoiding things which make such coverage more appealing.

Reg,
Fred F.