Re: Europa-List: Will this idea work ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Will this idea work ?
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:36:42

Paul;

If memory serves me correct, I have a very early set of XS wings. After they
had
been painted, the shop was buffing the finish, and s a result of the buffing
process, a hot spot occurred. And as a result  I had a small bubble about the
size of a 50 cent piece. When we cut into this bubble to repair, we found a
very thin layer of foam
sandwiched between layers of fiberglass.

If you apply too much heat, you may make the problem worse if the foam melts.

Jim Brown

Paul McAllister wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You may have read my earlier posting about a couple of sizable dents in my
> wings
---From the trailer.  I have reduced one to something quite small with local
heating , but the other is still very noticeable.  I had a suggestion from
someone
in the crash repair industry who suggested I heat the area and then place
a cold towel in the depression.

> His reasoning was that the dent was stretched and cooling is would cause it to
shrink and pull up.  Anyone care to offer an opinion as to this approach ?