Europa-List: 914 for sale

Subject: Europa-List: 914 for sale
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:25:14

From: UVTReith@aol.com
Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 for sale

In einer eMail vom 19.08.2004 20:48:05 Westeurop=E4ische Sommerzeit schreibt
owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com:

Bruno,
Before flying my Europa, I owned a Robin DR380. I put 800 hours on it in 10
years
(and I sold it for 40 % more than the purchase price). The only maintenance
I did on the Lycoming engine was changing the oil, clean the oil screen and fuel
filter, clean and replace spark plugs, check mag timing, replace the fuel
and oil hoses twice. Thats all. Not so with the 914.
To provide the necessary reliability and low maintenance, an aircraft engine
must
be as simple as possible. That is :
air cooled (no pump, no coolant, no hoses, no leaks. Do you know that the Rotax
has 11 water hoses and 22 hose clamps ?)
wet sump. The oil must be in the engine not in a separate tank. Less hoses =
less
connections = less leaks/less risk. The turbo Rotax has 4 flexible oil hoses
and 2 rigid oil lines . That is another 8 clamps and 4 banjo connectors.
A single carburettor (or fuel injector) with in flight adjustable mixture. The
carb must be rigidly bolted to the engine, not clamped to a rubber flange which
is likely to break or get loose, especially when under the turbo pressure. There
must be a provision for draining the carb bowl without removal. (5 minutes
on a Lycoming, one day on a 914 , or one week if you do not have the new gaskets
in you own stock) . No connection to the carburettor other than 1 for fuel
and 1 for air (on the 914 there are 9 rubber hoses to connect the carburettors
and sensors to the airbox pressure, and 6 hoses to prevent possible fuel leaks
to get to the exhaust pipes, that is another 28 clamps)
The engine must be able to run normally without electrical power. (The 914 needs
power for the 2 fuel pumps and TCU).
The 914 is a great performer  (it is nice to be able to reach FL115 ten minutes
after take off or to climb at 1000 ft /min at the top of the Mont Blanc) but
this engine does not satisfy my own " keep it simple " criteria listed above.
This is why I am planning to re-engine my Europa. I have not made a decision on
the replacement engine yet, but I am thinking at a Continental O-240 or a Jabiru
3300.

My ROTAX 914 UL engine is  for sale, as I am planning to re-engine the
aircraft.
Total time since new  : 288 hours
If you are interested, please contact me off forum or call me  at 33 6 1416
7115. The engine can be test flown prior to purchase. Aircraft  based in
Chavenay (Paris area)
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL, XS 914 monowheel,  s/n 395, 288 hours.
air.guerner@wanadoo.fr

Dear  Remi,

can you tell me, why you will get rid of the 914T and what type of  engine
you will install now ?

Kind Regards,
Bruno Reith / Europa Aircraft distributor Germany
_uvtreith@aol.com_ (mailto:uvtreith@aol.com)
_www.europa-aircraft.de_ (http://www.europa-aircraft.de)

Kit-No. 379 XS Monowheel
Will be finished during winter time