Europa-List: Paint

Subject: Europa-List: Paint
From: Dave Anderson <dja767@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:23:11

 Dave,
      Is the K36 intended to take the place of the sandable filler/primer UV
      Smooth-prime made by Polyfiber. Just mainly wondering why you had to use
two
      primers and assume the Polyfiber product was not used. I already have
      applied Smooth-prime to most of my surfaces and plan to sand it with about
      180 gt then let the body shop use the recommended primer for the paint
      used.(leaning towards the PPG stuff at present.) What grit paper did you
use
      on the K36?

#####  I followed the advice of the local expert. The DP40 is a "primer /
sealer".
I used one coat of that. The K36 is like the UV smooth prime, but not water
based. That is what I used originally - most of it sanded off for the repaint.
I sanded the K36 to 400 grit. The PPG worked great.

Dave
A227
mini U2
Flying again with supported airbox on the 914 engine