Europa-List: Alternatives to Araldite/Redux 420

Subject: Europa-List: Alternatives to Araldite/Redux 420
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:35:20

Some of you may remember that I've been looking for an alternative to
Redux and started talking to the techs at Aeropoxy about it.  After
pouring over the many tech sheets, that they provided and talking with
their guru, Scot, I ordered a couple of quart kits ($39.00 each) of
ES6228.  I did several tests, which I admit are not really scientific in
nature, but convinced me that this product provides as strong a bond as
Redux.  It is a 1 to 1 ratio and, when mixed up, is a medium grey, heavy
syrup.  It works well with or without flox and requires less flox to
make it stay put.  It is also used by Velocity, in their construction.
I feel secure enough in the product, that I bonded my starboard wing
skin in place, today, using it, with a small amount of flox.  Anyone
considering this adhesive should contact the manufacturer, directly, as
ACS and Wicks do not carry it...

--
Jeff - A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com