Re: Europa-List: Avoid Cockpit Module Anxiety

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Avoid Cockpit Module Anxiety
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:07:16

on 8/13/04 6:16 AM, Tony Renshaw at tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Gidday,
> Below is the way to put a module in, and avoid the pitfalls and anxieties I
> have experienced. The problem is that the manual is written for people who
> take 3 steps forwards and 1 back, which is completely discriminatory for
> those of us that take 3 steps forward and 2 back.

The people at Europa have known for years of better and more complete ways
of doing things that would lower these types of anxieties. Nevel has been
great at sharing them with us on a as needed bases. Thanks Nev! But they
still never found their way into the manual. Remember the term in the video,
(No prior building knowledge is assumed). If this company gets resurrected
and these kits are to be sold to people under the pretense of no prior
building knowledge needed. The manual needs fixed!
My friend building a RV has full size drawings all over his shop walls.
$27,000.00 is a lot of money. We deserve the best manual possible with the
best methods of doing things explained in text and drawn out. I don't want
to here any excuses about the PFA making manual changes impossible. There is
no excuse for lack of safety! I also have had it explained to me another
way. (Our manual is one of the best out there. You have apparently never
seen others). No I was one of the morons that believed your tape. No Prior
Building Knowledge is assumed!
Thank God for Flight Crafters, this forum, and local flying friends.

Jeff
A258
Starting primer and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I know
there are lots that never will.

PS. Don't get me wrong I love this plane.