Re: Europa-List: Flying report OSHKOSH

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying report OSHKOSH
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:25:28

We had a similar concern, i.e. that the oil temp never got higher than
180 degF in the winter time.  We found that the standard Rotax oil temp
sender location is in the coolest part of the system, just after the oil
cooler.  We put another temp transducer at the inlet to the oil
reservoir, and found the oil temp there to be 48 degF hotter (in the
climb) than at the standard location.  The temp was 40 degF hotter there
in cruise (75%, 5.3 gph).  This is all on a mono-wheel XS with Rotax 912S.

regards,
Terry Seaver