Europa-List: Throttle Cables

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle Cables
From: Tony Bale <tony.bale@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:35:14

Fellow Europians,
                            Not contributed before tonight, now sending my
second
note - wonders will never cease !

Thought I would share a brief tail of woe re-balanced (or un) balanced carbs.

We persisted with the manometers but could only balance at specific points. Long
story down the middle - diagnosed kinked throttle cables and ordered new ones.
Then needed to find a new source - eventually we spoke to Matthew Russell,
he advised we would need to wait a few weeks for him to get a batch up, but
would
then forward us the offending items. Pretty much on time, the cables arrived
and result was after a bit of head scratching, we now have carbs pretty much
spot on - and what a difference to ground handling it is too.
Matthew is available on 01653 668169.

Regards

Tony.

Now wizzing round the airfield doing the shake down process and final bits and
pieces.