Re: Europa-List: Lightning strike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lightning strike
From: Wayne @ Aircraft Engravers <wayne@engravers.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:41:57

I know that a few years ago (about 10 or so) that Stoddard-Hamilton the
previous makes of the Glasairs had a lighting strike test aircraft under a
NASA contract. With a N-number something like NxxxLP, the LP for Lighting
Protected. Possibly Bruce Grey from the Glasair website can give you, or
direct you to more information on this aircraft. My very limited
understanding is that they built a wire mess into the composite with
dissipators at the trailing edge surfaces.

Wayne Cahoon
Aircraft Engravers
(860) 653-2780
(860) 653-7324 Fax