Europa-List: New carb flanges

Subject: Europa-List: New carb flanges
From: Dave Anderson <dja767@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:34:53

Of course, I did not have a problem with the carb flange - right up to the point
it failed!!

It seems like they have done what is needed to resolve this problem. Here is a
description from the California power systems catalog on the new and improved
part:

267-788 Carb Flange for Rotax 912
267-788 Carb Flange for Rotax 912. New style Kevlar impregnated rubber holds
carb
firmer than older units. Also includes screw stop to prevent overtightening.

The Kevlar impregnated phrase is the key there. I will be ordering another one
today for the side that has not yet failed and start working on a simple,
hopefully
light weight support for the airbox.

Dave
A227