RE: Europa-List: Engine failure test for glider wings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Engine failure test for glider wings
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:11:25

I have a good friend who happens to be a Rotax dealer / engineer.  He
advised me to check the carb flanges on my 912S at every service as he
has known them to fail even on new engines. It is easy to do. Just
unscrew the Phillips screw holding the flange to the carburettor and
slip the whole carb assembly off then you can have a good look and feel
around the flange for early signs of splitting. See Rotax service
bulletin at http://www.ultralightnews.ca/bing/912intaksocketadvisory.pdf
issued 2001. Not sure if this is still current but my advisor says it is
still worth doing.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS