Re: Europa-List: Redux/Araldite 420

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Redux/Araldite 420
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:43:40

Al Stills wrote:

>Dan and others,
>I inquired to the factory about the Epibond 420 and bought from Grayco in
>Texas.
Price is about the same as factory......150.00 per qt + shipping and can be
bought one qt at a time. Freight approx 25.00 into Phx........ Gray Co
817-429-0466.
>Al Stills
>A095

Listers,

First, let me thank everyone who responded to this thread, both on and
off list.  At one listers recommendation, I contacted the folks who make
Aeropoxy and spoke with Scot Stettler, in their technical department.
He was most helpful and emailed me some data sheets, immediately, that
we talked about, while we were on the phone.  After explaining to him
what the requirements were, and what pot life I was looking for, he
recommended that I try their ES6228 adhesive.  It's used by Velocity
Aircraft, as well as others and has a shear strength of 9,500#.  I
explained what I was going to use it for and that it may need to be
mixed with flox.  His reply was that he was completely confident that
the material would more than meet the need.  Best part is, the quart kit
(2 quarts with hardner) is only $39.20 and they were able to ship,
directly from the factory.

Given the cost difference and assurances by Scot (he steered me right
when I contacted him about the darkened hardner for Aeropoxy) that this
product will work, I ordered some.  I'll follow up with my evaluation,
once I've had a chance to test it...

--
Jeff - A055
Http://www.n55xs.com