Europa-List: Wing Conduits

Subject: Europa-List: Wing Conduits
From: Moore Dave <Dave.Moore@lr.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:21:14

The build manual specifies 6mm diameter clear plastic tubing along the
wings, through the ribs, for pitot / static lines and stall warner.

I have a concern that if the tubing got blocked or damaged, it could not
be replaced easily once the wings are closed.

I note that some folk have installed plastic conduit (diameter
20-25mm..?) through which smaller diameter tubing or wiring can be run.

A couple of questions on this, please:

Is it worth installing plastic conduit?  Am I just being paranoid /
overly pessimistic.!? (I am not sending any cables along the wings).

In the UK, is this a mod which needs formal approval, or could it be
checked and sanctioned by my PFA inspector?  (If it is the former, is it
a PFA-accepted mod..?)

(PS I've noted previous correspondence and factory recommendations on
rib reinforcement and conduit placement).

With thanks,

Dave Moore

Monowheel #550
Aberdeen UK.

400+ Hours done & about 4000 to go......!!