Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Connection Restriction....

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Connection Restriction....
From: n3eu@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:06:37

R.C.Harrison wrote:
> I am making a permanent strainer gauze to fit into the aircraft filler
> neck...[t]he
PFA are considering this proposal.
The FAA does not approve that for certified A/C, as the course filter must be
located
at the tank outlet.  The idea I think is to catch stuff such as sealant
or a chunk of gasket which may come loose inside the tank.  For the Europa tank
which has nothing like even a fuel quantity probe inside which can possibly
fail to become blocking chunks of something, sounds OK I guess.  But something
for the individual builder to consider.
Reg,
Fred F.