RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear bungee
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:25:36

Svein,

I have used Kevin's method. I didn't keep a record but seem to recall
that around 26in. was the correct length. It is relatively easy to fit
one then take it off and adjust the length if too long.  I used 6 loops,
three each side.  To fit the second and third loops is a little
difficult but what I did was to fix a strong point to the floor beneath
fuselage, hook the loop over the engine frame then use a ratchet tie
down strap fixed to the strong point to tension the loop before slipping
it back over the nose gear.

 I understand that if your nose starts to go 'soft' again, it is
possible to just add an extra loop each side to stiffen it up rather
than have to take everything off and start again.

Certainly much easier than the original method.

Hope this helps.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS