Europa-List: Alodine advice

Subject: Europa-List: Alodine advice
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:39:47

I recall speaking to the Europa factory, and was adviced that it was
not necessary to treat the parts that are being bonded into the rudder,
tailplane, flaps, ailerons etc.. The manual mentions corrosion
treatment for the first time in chapter 8 (wings). I am wondering
what's so special about the wing hardware that needs protection?

Since I prefer a DIY process, alodine appears to be the easiest. A
google search revealed that there is no such thing as "Alodine", but
names like Alodine 1001 or Alodine 5200 etc... Being no expert in
metallurgy, I am at a loss which one to buy. Don't I also need an acid
cleaning agent prior to applying the alodine itself? Does this come
with the Alodine, or should I buy this seperately?

Is there a FAQ I can read about the alodine process?

Thanks!

=====
Andrew Sarangan
http://www.geocities.com/asarangan