Re: Europa-List: Re:Fuel Tank Connector Woes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re:Fuel Tank Connector Woes
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:20:16

Hi! Peter.
Yes, perhaps you are right but.... the initial restriction will still be
there although not exasperated by the addition of the gauze so far down the
hole. The hole needs opening towards the threaded hole by a "burr" tool,
anyway then the gauze needs only to go half way into the connector.
However more to the point half the gauze will never be used because the flow
will always be at the exit end. This means the assembly can be shortened
making it possible to enter it into the tank without damage. The fact was in
my case the gauze stopped the very small amount of contamination and it hung
about dangling inside in close proximity to the exit hole. The overall area
of the gauze isn't quite relevant when it blocks up only at the exit end.
The large surface area is OK if you are likely to put leaves, flakes of
paint or scale into the tank but it ought to allow small stuff through
unhindered.
Regards
Bob H  G-PTAG