Europa-List: Re:Fuel Tank Connector Woes

Subject: Europa-List: Re:Fuel Tank Connector Woes
From: p-a.austin <pa.austin@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:17:21

> I know folks have been focused elsewhere but did anyone have any comments
or perhaps

Perhaps like me, have been staring at one in their hand trying to think of a
fix, your comments on this idea:-
Turn down a step for a distance of a 1/2" in from the end part of the
Connector that inserts into the tank ( I know there is not much metal there)
wrap round and redux a new extended length of strainer onto this step then
grind flush with connector, finishing off the strainer as per manual, I know
it would be a sod of a job getting the assembly back into the tank but an
extended strainer will allow more surface area before blocking, be a case of
suck it and see (trial and error) until maximum length obtainable is found.
Your Thoughts.

Peter Austin

Classic #198