RE: Europa-List: Ivoprop

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ivoprop
From: Robert Berube <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:13:27

Hi Duncan,
Several years ago we tried the VP on G-ELSA 914 equipped here in the US at
the request of Rotax.  It was fitted but the vibration was so bad that we
had to send it back to the factory.  On the second try the vibration was
still not tolerable but we flew it and found the performance less than with
the Fixed Pitch Warp Drive.  We recently installed one on a 912 but could
not get it to work properly.  Not long ago a Velocity went down after losing
a blade on one with 4 people losing their lives.  Hard for me to give it any
kind of recommendation.

Reards,
Bob Berube