Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 30 Msgs - 07/11/04

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 30 Msgs - 07/11/04
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:35:24

>  Some good news, anyone?
>From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
>
>John,
>         I would recommend you don't go the Subaru way.  The EA81 is just
>not enough to make it go.  Any larger engine weighs to much.  I would go
>the Jabiru route if things don't get sorted out soon.  You might get with
>Bob Berube as he might be able to steer you to a note to Andy or Nevil in
>England as to who makes the parts for the fire wall forward.  You could
>deal direct with them (at their costs I would think ) and get the parts
>you need.
>
>Jim

Jim
I would not go the Jabiru way. It's an air cooled engine. It is not
possible to optimise engine performance without liquid cooling unfortunately
It's not possible to optimise propeller performance without a gearbox to
slow the prop down from the 4000 (+) rpm necessary for optimum engine
performance.
My two bits
Graham