Europa-List: Heavy sigh!

Subject: Europa-List: Heavy sigh!
From: Dave Anderson <dja767@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:54:33

Heavy sigh.........

I have been through the stages of company difficulties in years gone by - and
actually
currently, for that matter. I know that everything works out in the end
for those who are competent. I know the people I have dealt with at Europa have
been outstanding - especially John Hurst. Things will work out very well for
him in the future, regardless of how this all turns out.

For us now remaining, we have a problem even for those who have completed the
aircraft.
The ongoing technical support of an experimental aircraft requires monitoring
of the fleet and engineering - parts etc. Now more than ever, this forum
needs to stay intact and people with Europas need to keep a network going.
We would need to create our own ADs for example. Hopefully the company will be
intact to continue the parts availability. The good news is that the airplane
has been tested and certified in Europe, so the basic design is excellent, but
the problems that crop up in service will need to have attention. I am obviously
back in the forum and will be monitoring the situation. I am back flying
again this week after two months of hard labor repainting -removing the aircraft
finishing systems paint and applying real paint - PPG.

They need to take immediate action when all this news comes out. With sales,
this
can be a very quick downhill slope. I recall buying the complete kit because
of the fear of anything happening to the company. From personal experience (two
bankrupt companies that employed me in the past), I know you can't take ANYTHING
for granted.

Heavy sigh......

Dave Anderson
Mini U2