Europa-List: Carbon Bracing of fuel tank???

Subject: Europa-List: Carbon Bracing of fuel tank???
From: Tony R <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:58:33
        2.6 REPLY_TO_EMPTY         Reply-To: is empty

Gidday,
Could those interested please take a look at the linked photo which displays a
potential setup I may use to reinforce my fuel tank. The concept is to alleviate
some of the forces that are on the 2 existing brackets that supports the tank,
which whilst large, act when loaded in a fashion I would think is unfavourable
strengthwise. I have often thought to fill the void beneath my tank with
something that transfers the weight of the tank onto the fuselage beneath, and
I haven't given up on this idea. You will note in the attached photo my use of
carbon tape to maintain the ideal dimension for the setup. This inspired me
to wonder if I could use it across the tank, and up onto the sides of the
module,
ensuring it didn't interfere with the mating of the sides of the module with
any rebates in the glasswork of the boat. So, does anyone think this could
be a substitute for my trying to transfer the weight of the fuel onto the
fuselage
below the tank, or should I either persist with
 a "gap filler" beneath the tank, or lastly no doubt some/all will say " do
nothing"
. In anticipation.
Reg
Tony Renshaw

This Email contains Photos or Attachments located at the following link:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/viewtopic.php?p=659#659

Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://forum.okhuijsen.org/