Re: Europa-List: Fw: MFA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fw: MFA
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:26:23

Bob, Pleased to hear that you have been allowed out to play again. Yes I am
planning to go for the rescheduled six nations - which William is currently
dating 14 - 22 Aug starting in Cz . I am certainly hoping to revive the
Kremen factory visit and the air museum visit. It was smart of you to send
off for CZ permission. Nominally we also need permission for Italy. Last
time they asked me to send my airworthiness certificate including
operational specification and programme of landings in Italy. I sent the
documents and said five other Europas with identical types of document would
be coming with me and that we had not sorted out the routing yet but that it
would only be one day in Italy. That was 20 April and I have had no reply
since. In the light of that I guess when William has sorted out a cast list
I could simply email them with new dates and that should satisfy any
troublesome officials.
            I am in the slot before you at N. Weald, so watch your timing!!
My guy this time is not a WW2 vet but an RAF officer just 2 yrs older than
me who flew everything from Dakotas though Meteors to Javelins and was
station commander at Valley. He then flew a balloon into a big tree and
managed to fall out of the top of it trying to get it down and descended
40ft onto his head, which hasn't been quite the same since. He is pretty
useless on his R side and getting him and his electric scooter into the
Europa was interesting. Incidentally I have done my bit of organising for
the time being, and am assuming that anyone going to I O Man will do their
own fixing.
          See you Saturday,       David