Europa-List: Speed fairings -Tri-Gear

Subject: Europa-List: Speed fairings -Tri-Gear
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:04:17

All

OK,  today was the day I measured the airspeed with the wheel pants
installed.  I had them on before, but did not know the airspeed. I am sure I
got 4 MPH more today than last week with out the wheel pants installed.  I
had the landing gear leg faring on each time, so the over all improvement
with the speed kit is well within the 5 MPH that has been reported earlier.

I thing the pants are well worth the trouble of installing.  I do have a tip
for locating the mounting holes in the pants when you have the brackets
installed on the legs.  I put four hi-intensity mag light bulbs taped on the
brackets shinning outward. (soldered wires to the bulbs and to clips on a
battery) Slid the fiberglass wheel pants over the brackets and used a
marking pen to mark the bright spot of light shining through the fiberglass.
It worked for me.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020