Re: Europa-List: Dynon

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:03:06

Craig

I did not have a hard time putting the magnetometer unit under the pilots
seat in the outer knee space. I made a little platform with studs sticking
up that the unit just slides down over. The calibration procedure is much
easer to do than swinging the regular magnetic compass.

In flight the heading reading is very easy to use. I was flying today out to
the most Western tip of the "lower 48".  Betty and I and a full load of sand
bags made the 2 hour round trip in bright sunshine.  It was a beautiful day,
a very appreciated thing up here in this part of the world.

We are making plans to fly to Oshkosh in July.  Hope to see many other
Europa people there. See you all at the Europa tent at the North end of the
display aria.  Special parking is being set aside for all Europes that fly
in !!!!!
Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020