Europa-List: EuropaForum and where have I been?

Subject: Europa-List: EuropaForum and where have I been?
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 02:33:13

Bob Borger wrote:  And I wonder about Steve Dunsmuir and N59XS who hasn't
updated
since November 2003?

Ah, life, keeps getting in the way. During this build I've lost parents, been on
strike for months, and hundreds of other ups and downs that keep you from the
shop. Keep your head down, take care of family, business, and build when you
can.

I've talked to the people at Flightcrafters about going down to their shop and
finishing up. My work schedule has changed and I now have less free time. but
once again that's life.

I've also spent some time on http://forum.okhuijsen.org/. With almost 2500
Europa photos on the site, I think it's pretty successful. Once everyone starts
putting chapter numbers in the photo comments, you'll  be able to type in a
chapter # and get photos of how 15 builders did the job before you. The Gallery
is petty much done. It's up and stable, a few new features are in the works but
nothing major so far.

The new feature on the site, is in it's first stages, the posting of the
Matronics
list server on the site. Yes, it's another archive, but the difference is
you can post to it. This email was written on the forum.
What good is that?

1) Emails are stored and archived here, threaded by topic.
2) I work behind a firewall, I cannot get personal mail. But I can reach
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/, read all the posts and reply.
3) If I'm using a friend's computer or I'm away from home without my computer I
can check the site and post mail.

What's still in the works is:
4) Photos! the dyslexics' best friend.
When you post an attachment, doc or photo, the attachment will be posted on this
forum and a link will be placed in the email. Click it and the attachment will
appear in your browser. This gets around matronics stripping attached files
off. Right now you can still post attachments on the Forum but they will not
show a link back in the email.

To keep all of Matronics security features in place, you must be subscribed to
the matronics list server. (if you're reading this you are) and you must be
registered
on the EuropaForum with the same Email address as matronics.

I'm going to try for the 3rd time to set my wings this week. First attempt
something
moved and I had to pull it apart. The second time a freak storm messed me
up. This time I'm in a hanger. : )

Chat later,
Steved.

EuropaOwnersForum (http://forum.okhuijsen.org/), Europa builders, photo Gallery