Europa-List: No NACA......Rear Fuse Suction???

Subject: Europa-List: No NACA......Rear Fuse Suction???
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:30:39

Gidday,
I have had a theory for a while now, that the rear fuse is a negative
pressure area, because of the trim actuating rod slots in the rear, So, I'd
like to know if this is true. Why worry about NACA vents, when you already
have a sucking scenario already built into the back of your plane. If you
want to enhance the suck, just fill a little "1/2 top skin leading edge
wing profile" onto the foreward portion of the slots at finishing time, and
have your cabin air venting aft through the D section of the baggage bay.
Any thoughts????

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia

Classic 236  B.B. Taildragger
Tail, Wings, Ailerons, Flaps Complete and Connected
Lower Fuse in Jig, Tail Torque Tube installed
Mass Balance assembly installed and deflections sorted
Roof Panel between doors completed.
Photos at:
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/modules.php?set_albumName=TonyR&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&PHPSESSID=902b69917a45f8b18ac84fe3f85a704b
Intended Engine: 912S CS prop (model undecided)
Instrumentation: Undecided