Re: Europa-List: Not enough turbo boost

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Not enough turbo boost
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:00:42

Paul, my tubo experienced the same after a period of time and after I did
some work on the air box. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out. Turns
out I some how got the sensor that is mounted on the port carb that monitors
the position of the throttle out of calibration. So the computer didn'
"think" that the carb was at full open and wouldn't provide the boost. That
is why I believe your not seeing 38- 40. To fix you must get the Toggle and
software from Europa or Rotax and recalibrate the sensor. And no you don't
manually adjust the sensor.You plug the toggle into a laptop and the turbo
computer and use the software to readjust the sensor. Once I did this 5
minute operation my boost was back! Very neat fix. At the same time you can
see exactly where all your % of throttle points are and mark them. Hope this
works for you. Don't forget to watch your RPM after fix because you are
surely at to fine a pitch.
Jerry Rehn N645XS