RE: Europa-List: panel material

Subject: RE: Europa-List: panel material
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:20:35

I used 1/8th inch (3mm) phenolic sheet material and have had no problems. It is
very strong and easy to work with.

Karl

From: "Rob Housman" robh@hyperion-ef.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:12:01 -0700

-- Europa-List message posted by: "Rob Housman" robh@hyperion-ef.com

Well . . .I think that the factory got it right by reinforcing the panel
with plywood (if it were not needed I doubt that they would have done it),
but functionally 3mm aluminum (or even 1.5mm per Flight Crafters) sheet
would be equivalent.My concern with a flat panel of un-reinforced
epoxy-glass is that it would not be sufficiently rigid at 4 or 5 layers.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070
Airframe complete