Europa-List: Re: Flap rod

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap rod
From: Mike <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:25:39

Cliiff and Brian.
Thanks for your input.
Rotating the flap rod helps considerably with clearance but still leaves me too
close for comfort to the tunnel side when the gear is down.
This would be corrected were I to position the flap horn on the inboard side of
FL19.
I have yet to finalise flap travel and flap rod adjustment and this will change
the geometry of the whole thing so I will leave worrying until I have time to
rig the wings and sort it out.
By the way, this afternoon I noticed that the flap tube was also close to
fouling
the top captive nut for the inspection panel on the side of the tunnel. A
warning
that this could happen would have been nice to read in the manual.
Regards
Mike