No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:43:20
>I have had my module fall partially off my sawhorses/trestles and
consequently I no longer have a bond between tank and the layups along the
base of the tank. I can however gain access with spatulas, or injecting
redux and rebonding same. Do people think it an imperative, or doesn't it
really matter? Also, once the module is in, has anyone packed or filled the
void under the tank with expanding foam etc., to more evenly distribute the
load of a full fuel tank and allow the fuse to share some of the weight
transfer rather than the load on the back of the module seat back alone?<

The layups are to support the tank only. There is no way that the resin will
adhere permanently to the tank due to the nature of the tank material. Just
make sure that the tank sits high enough to allow the main spars to be
installed. The early build instructions did not make this clear and I had to
redo mine at the time.

Nigel Charles