Re: Europa-List: flap operating rod clearance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap operating rod clearance
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:21:11

Hi Mike,

I had very similar problems and thought about bending the rod, but decided
that the various bends produced such a complex
movement that I was scared of losing my way on rebending.  I found that I
could fit the Horn FL21 inboard of the Horn Plate FL19. This moved the rod
inboard by about 1/4" and improved the clearance.

Note that this was only possible because F21 was at its fullest extension to
give maximum range.  I spoke to Neville about this when trying to solve
other flap rigging problems  and he could see no technical problem with this
simple change.

Brian Davies kit 454. XS Mono
Just taken the fuselage out of the jig- looking at the various methods to
stop it falling over!