Re: Europa-List: Drive pin attachment to trim tab

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Drive pin attachment to trim tab
From: Jan de Jong <jan.de.jong@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:22:06

I used 15 mm plywood and drilled a 6.0 mm (smaller than 1/4") hole
vertical to the surface with a pillar drill.
I left the template top wider than "25mm TYPICAL".

The pin is a tight fit in the 6.0 mm hole so that fixing the plywood
template in place holds the drive plate immobilized for application of
flox.
Fixing the template in place can all be done on the top surface of the
trim tab using a right angle and double sided tape. There are 3
rotating axes: one is set by the shape of the template, naturally, one
is easily set by marking the top surface of the trim tab at right
angles to the hinge line, the last is set by making sure the template
top stands at right angles to the trim tab top surface (that's why
it 's useful to have the template top be wider than 25mm).

This worked well.

Jan de Jong
now contemplating hoe to best align the 2nd drive pin with the 1st.

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

> The manual calls for the TP16 drive pin to be parallel to the trim tab hinge
line. The way I understand it, the "L"-shaped template is used for positioning
the pin relative to the hinge line, but it does not necessarily make them
parallel.
I've heard of people using a level for this, but it's not clear to me how
that is done. Any clues or photos would be appreciated.